Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gluten Free Vegan Cornbread Pizza




My picasa albums are full of photos of food that I've cooked and never gotten around to blogging. I've been pretty busy with uni etc, so even though I might find time to cook I don't usually have time to blog about it as well. So slowly, I will be adding to my blog with things I've been cooking over the past few months.

This pizza base is made from PAN precooked cornmeal. I bought my last pack online from USAfoods.com.au, but I do know that the greengrocer next to Coles in Burnside has it too. That is where I used to buy it. I know that some of you live pretty close to that area.

Basically to create the base, I use about 1 cup of warm previously boiled water a teaspoon of massel vege stock and a pinch of salt. I then use one hand to mix while I slowly add PAN cornmeal until I get to a dough like consistency. The dough should get to a point where it doesn't stick to your hand when rolled in a ball.

The next step is to roll and flatten your dough out as you would with pizza dough. Trickle with a little olive oil, top with thinly sliced vegetables or topping of your choice and pop in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes at about 200c until the base is crisp.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment